Right-click for options

Right-click for options

500 Internal Server Error at 40% installation

Right-click on block content for options

Right-click for options

Right-click for options

Jeremy Brunell Author (edited) 2 months ago

Hello,

Please see the video I shot of my screen during installation. My installation is under a subfolder. Server is Ubuntu 16.04, PHP version: 7.0.32, Mysql version: 5.7.23, Web server: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)

https://streamable.com/f9ore

The error I get in the Apache logs is:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to CI_Exceptions::show_exception() must be an instance of Exception, instance of Error given, called in /var/www/html/newbuilder/system/core/Common.php on line 662 and defined in /var/www/html/newbuilder/system/core/Exceptions.php:190nStack trace:n#0 /var/www/html/newbuilder/system/core/Common.php(662): CI_Exceptions->show_exception(Object(Error))n#1 [internal function]: _exception_handler(Object(Error))n#2 {main}n  thrown in /var/www/html/newbuilder/system/core/Exceptions.php on line 190

Jeremy Brunell Author 2 months ago

I think I have gotten to the root of the problem:

<div style="border:1px solid #990000;padding-left:20px;margin:0 0 10px 0;">
        <h4>An uncaught Exception was encountered</h4>
        <p>Type: Error</p>
        <p>Message: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()</p>
        <p>Filename: /var/www/html/newbuilder/system/database/drivers/mysql/mysql_driver.php</p>
        <p>Line Number: 134</p>
    </div>

Are you guys really releasing code in 2018 that does not work in PHP 7? I must say I'm a bit disappointed.

• Admin
    Keith Killilea Reply 1 month ago

Hi Jeremy,

The framework we use is Codeigniter and we have been in the process of upgrading it to the latest that supports PHP7. There is various upgrades going on after the last wave of updates that added the dozen new modules & blocks in the last few months to the platform. 

Posting to the forum is only allowed for members with active accounts. Please sign in or sign up to post.

Right-click on block content for options